Director/Senior Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director/Senior Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Supports on-going clinical discovery projects and new target development initiatives though knowledge of computational chemistry.
- Develops unique approaches to aid in the identification of novel drivers of kinase potency.
- Leads the development and application of walk-up tools to support medicinal chemists in the design of novel bioactive compounds.
- Collaborates with senior scientists with shared ownership and accountability within a design team framework.
- A PhD and 7-12+ years of computational chemistry experience within a relevant setting is required.
- Must demonstrate adequate knowledge of computational chemistry components including (receptor-based) structure-based design, conformational analysis, molecular dynamics, QSAR, binding free energy calculations and chemoinformatics.
- Experience implementing computational chemistry strategies across all stages of drug discovery is required.
- Must have a successful track record of working within strong multi-disciplinary project teams with an ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to solve complex problems through in-depth analysis of data is required.
- Must have a sustained level of high performance and track record of success in the application of computational chemistry techniques to drug discovery programs, as evidenced by patent and publications.
- Experience in kinase inhibitor drug discovery and in-depth experience with molecular dynamics is preferred.
- Experience with KNIME and Schrödinger computational software is a plus.
- Must have a desire to participate in a highly creative and hardworking environment.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.