Director/Senior Director, Research
Our client is a biotechnology company focused on immunotherapy. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director/Senior Director, Research.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Oversees the development and execution of assays and to enable the in vivo gene delivery platform and support drug candidate nomination and selection.
- Collaborates with cross functional leads to create and execute research strategies to enable clear go/no-go decisions and timelines.
Manage, develop, and empower a team of internal scientists within the Research department.
- Outlines and communicates team goals.
- Manages relationships with external CROs focusing on preclinical studies.
- Communicates and presents progress updates to key decision makers including partners, research teams, and management teams.
- Provides strategic direction to the executive team and external collaborators regarding the in vivo platform.
- A PhD in immunology, gene therapy, pharmacology, cancer biology, or a related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of experience in early drug development including experience with IND submissions.
- Requires a deep understanding of immuno-oncology and cell therapy as well as expertise in myeloid biology and gene therapy.
- Supervisory and research team leadership experience is required.
- Must have experience working in a small, fast-paced environment.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms