Director/Senior Director, Program Management
Our client is a novel biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director/Senior Director, Program Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads program management activities through development candidate selection to POC and into full development and registration.
- Supports the PL and the discovery program team in the development of the program strategies.
- Creates and executes on an integrated clinical plan for POC and registration.
- Works in sub-teams to ensure that functional activities are fully integrated into the clinical development plan.
- Works cross-functionally within the company and with CROs.
- Represents, as needed, the program team to discussions with leadership teams, scientific founders, and Directors.
- Tracks program progress against the plan, working with department heads to identify and resolve resource constraints consistent with corporate priorities.
- Supports active portfolio management and decision-making and monitors progress of program strategy, goals, and metrics.
- Establishes program and individual goals that are aligned with corporate goals.
- Schedules, facilitates, and documents Program Team and ad-hoc program meetings; ensures uniformity between programs including agendas, meeting minutes and other program documentation.
- Identifies tracks and supports resolution efforts for all program-related issues.
- Facilitates resolution of conflicts between functional groups while maintaining objectivity.
- Ensures high-performing project teams by monitoring and assessing team effectiveness at both team and individual levels.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years in a program management role is required.
- Hands-on experience in leading program management activities in early or full clinical development is required.
- Experience in at least one of the functions related to pharmaceutical development is required.
- Experience in oncology development is preferred.
- Must demonstrate good leadership and team building skills.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience with Risk Management and Contingency Planning is preferred.
- Experience setting and maintaining budgets is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of project management tools and software.
- PMP certification is preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms