Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Builds out and develops the strategic plan for the Medical Affairs team including how to create and develop areas for medical information, scientific communications, field medical teams, and expanded access programs.
- Networks extensively to develop long-term strategic partnerships with leaders both internally and externally and develops a comprehensive plan for engagement.
- Speaks on behalf of the company at medical meetings, advisory boards and outreach meetings as needed/appropriate.
- Determines a suitable medical, legal, and regulatory review committee to guarantee scientific messaging compliance.
- Contributes to and collaborates with clinical development with regards to ongoing or planned interventional clinical trials as needed.
- Develops a strategy for approval and managing investigator-initiated studies.
- Establishes scientific strategy for leaders, medical communications and publications, as well as scientific congress activities, medical education programs and scientific advisory boards.
- Develops effective team communication, analysis, documentation and tracking of medical science activities through established governance, and reporting systems.
- Develops compliant procedures and processes for the Medical Sciences team and additional stakeholders while also ensuring appropriate training.
- A medical degree is required.
- Oncology experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of medical affairs leadership experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry.
- Requires experience with launching an oncology or chemotherapy related product.
- Must have existing professional relationships with leaders in medical areas related to oncology/chemotherapy.
- Requires knowledge of PhRMA, OIG, and other guidelines relating to compliant medical communications.
- Must have a demonstrated expertise in the ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.