Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative therapeutics for life threatening diseases. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director/Senior Director, Medical Affairs.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the execution of Medical Affairs plans for product launch.
- Manages external partners and delivers scientific and medical content for disease and product-level information for relevant stakeholders.
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure medical accuracy and relevance in all activities.
- Provides support in coordinating medical activities at medical and scientific conferences.
- Builds and maintains relationships to obtain important key scientific insights to support product launch.
- Leads the execution of advisory boards as needed for insight gathering.
- Leads post-marketing data generation plans.
- Serves as a member of the medical, legal, and review committees and provides guidance and review of promotional and medical materials.
- Ensures all med affairs practices are conducted in accordance with internal policies and SOPs as well as regional and federal regulatory requirements.
- A Doctorate Degree (PharmD, PhD, MD/DO) or equivalent is required.
- Must have experience in rare disease, neurology, psychiatry, or neuroscience.
- Must have at least ten to fifteen years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology field.
- Medical Affairs experience is preferred.
- Product launch experience is required.
- Must have significant experience and knowledge in managing, real-world evidence generation and health economics and outcomes research.
- A demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications is required.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and be easily understood in written materials and presentations.
- Must have a demonstrated strength in medical planning, tactical plan development and execution, as well as the ability to critically analyze research design, methods, and outcome measures.
- Experience in successfully leading cross-functional matrix teams is required.
- Must have the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Requires willingness to take initiative on advancing projects.
- Must be a team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Must have strong strategic thinking acumen and a track record for operational excellence.
- Requires a full understanding of applicable rules, regulations and guiding principles in pharma and biotech industries.
- Must have experience applying legal and compliance knowledge to Medical Affairs activities.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms