Director/Senior Director, Epidemiology Oncology
Our client is an innovative pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director/Senior Director, Epidemiology Oncology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Sets strategy, vision, and high-level processes within a defined area of leadership in the epidemiology functional area.
- Leads and is accountable for observational research plan and study execution including protocol development, cross-functional alignment, execution, and delivery.
- Provides strategic leadership within PPS and across pharmaceutical development, medical affairs, HEOR, and statistics.
- Is accountable for the epidemiology content in regulatory and safety deliverables.
- Supports product launches by contributing to the assessment of need for use of observational data, evaluation of data sources, design and conduct of observational studies.
- For new or recently launched products, proactively prepares for exposure in the real world based on historical background and knowledge of the disease and the population treated.
- Maintains awareness in current and possible future business policies, trends, and developments.
- Establishes clear directions, distributes the workload appropriately, and maintains a two-way dialogue with team members.
- Builds and manages teams effectively.
- Knows the financial implications of decisions regarding personnel.
- Assists the department head and sets priorities for Epidemiology group to efficiently accomplish goals.
- Maintains a high-level understanding of U.S. and international safety regulations and current regulatory safety review processes.
- A Master of Public Health or Master of Science in epidemiology/pharmacoepidemiology or related discipline with more than 12 years of relevant experience or PhD degree or equivalent in epidemiology/pharmacoepidemiology or related discipline with at least 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have demonstrated success in epidemiology project or program leadership.
- Experience with regulatory and safety policy and contributing to regulatory and safety documents is required.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to lead and publish scientific studies.
- At least three years of people management experience or significant strategic management experience of complex projects are preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms