Director/Senior Director, Business Development
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative therapeutics for life threating diseases. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director/Senior Director, Business Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Fosters strong relationships with key stakeholders to deeply understand and support the company’s objectives and translation into business development opportunities.
- Drives the company’s BD strategic plan by evaluating all business development opportunities.
- Identifies and leads strategic partnership or out licensing opportunities with biotech and pharma which may include asset partnerships or platform, combo therapy, and M/A.
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with external partners and experts to bring forward innovative ideas that can be incorporated into the company’s portfolio.
- Stays closely abreast of research and development in the field via published literature, trade press, conferences, patent filings, and relationships across academia and industry.
- Builds business cases, including assessment of commercial/market opportunity and appropriate transaction financial structure for prospective partnership.
- Leads structuring, negotiation and execution of deals and transactions.
- Oversees and supports ongoing CRO activities and contract negotiation.
- Serves as an ambassador of the company’s BD function which requires maintaining thorough knowledge of corporate messaging, platform, R&D programs, targets, therapeutic approach, and vision.
- An advanced life science degree (PhD, or MD, and MBA) is required.
- Must have at least five years of business development experience in biotech/biopharma industry/consulting firm/investment banking/growth PE/VC/equity research with focus on oncology therapeutics area.
- Requires a strong knowledge and passion for life sciences and medicine.
- Must have experience in negotiations, valuation, and deal structuring to drive significant business development opportunities to completion.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be high energy and have a strong work ethic and teamwork orientation.
- Requires the ability to work independently, must take responsibility, and achieve impact to earn the trust and respect of prospective partners, collaborators and or investors.
- Must be a creative, highly motivated, and results-driven team player with a “nothing is impossible” attitude with ability to get it done in a small-company environment.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms