Director, Research Operations
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Research Operations.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads function and manages a team of operations and research support staff.
- Works collaboratively with other functional leaders.
- Ensures lab space and other necessary equipment are optimized for efficient research workflows.
- Oversees Laboratory Safety & Compliance, Facilities, and Permitting.
- Oversees assessment, acquisition, maintenance, training, and usage of shared capital equipment.
- Manages operation of the Core Facilities.
- Oversees procurement, stocking and receiving of supplies and consumables.
- Aids in outfitting the research space.
- Collaborates with Finance for quarterly budgeting, annual forecasting, reviewing monthly actuals to budget.
- Supports the transitions of new labs from affiliate universities.
- A PhD in life sciences or related field is preferred.
- Requires at least ten years of complex operational support in a wet and dry laboratory scientific setting with at least 100 research personnel.
- Must have at least five years of people management experience, hiring and supporting high performing teams.
- Must have experience overseeing diverse aspects of a life sciences research organization.
- Require the ability to assess and design efficient workflows in shared laboratories.
- Must have experience building and maintaining infrastructure to support research activities.
- Must be highly organized, with a drive to actively improve process and workflows.
- Excellent communication skills with strong influence and negotiation skills are required.
- Must be highly collaborative with great enthusiasm for working across cross-functional teams.
- Requires the ability to navigate shifting priorities and rapid change.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms