Director, Protein Sciences
Our client is an immunotherapy company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Protein Sciences.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Institutes strong mammalian expression, purification and characterization programs for the production of engineered protein therapeutics that sustain company quality conditions.
- Works with cross-functional groups to form high throughput protein transfection and screening capability.
- Guarantees timely production and rigorous quality assessment of therapeutics to meet team requirements for timelines, yield and purity.
- Reviews and approve all analytical documentation prior to protein release.
- Works with CROs, collaborators and partners to transfer samples, data and protocols into, or out of, company, as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates technologies that improve or expand the ability to produce molecules by working with teammates, collaborators, vendors, and staying abreast of the literature.
- Enters all data into laboratory notebooks and databases on a daily basis and ensure staff members do so, approve weekly progress reports from staff, and generates weekly summary reports for management review.
- Regularly participates and presents data and analyses at project team and department meetings.
- Provides training of staff, and continues to explore opportunities to expand their responsibilities and capabilities.
- Requires PhD, post-doctoral experience and 8+ years; ideally, with 5+ years of experience working in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
- Must have hands on experience with small scale to gram level expression and purification of antibodies and/or proteins.
- Familiarity with bioanalytical characterization of proteins is required.
- Must be familiar with protein scale up and manufacture cell lines.
- Requires experience with as many of the following is desirable; robotics and high throughput expression or purification platforms, discovery and development of therapeutic proteins and antibodies, protein crystallization and modeling, molecular biology.
- Experience managing staff is required.
- A track record of innovation and scientific rigor, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to contribute constructively to discussions is required.
- Must be goal oriented, organized, capable of prioritizing and working on multiple projects, and able to execute to timelines that meet company goals.
- Requires working well in a cross functional team environment, both independently as well as be willing to help others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have a track record of innovation and scientific rigor, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to contribute constructively to discussions.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.