Director, Discovery Project Management
Our client is a biotechnology company specializing gene therapy. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Discovery Project Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Works cross-functionally with leadership teams to oversee discovery stage project teams in a wide array of areas.
- Designs and executes integrated project plans, as well as identifies limiting factors and key dependencies.
- Organizes and facilitates team agendas, meetings, and presentations, as well as generates meeting minutes.
- Works with finance teams to manage the project budgeting process and monitor project expenses.
- Assists in managing relevant stakeholders to ensure project plans remain aligned with current business and alliance strategies.
- Builds long term project management capabilities including the creation of a project management office to improve operational efficiencies that will support both discovery and development projects.
- A Master’s degree in biological or chemical sciences is required. A PhD is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered), and at least 2+ years managing cross-functional drug discovery projects.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated success in influencing teams, both internal and cross-company.
- Working knowledge and experience with project planning software is required.
- Requires strong problem solving, analytical, and visionary skills.
- Outstanding written, communication, and negotiation skills are required.
- Must be a self-motivated, results oriented team player who enthusiastically perseveres until goals are achieved.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms