Director, Program Management
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Program Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Partners closely with Program Leadership to shape and execute the Program strategy, goals and plans and ensure alignment within the Program Team and across all expertise areas.
- Partners with functional leaders to provide strategic and operational support for the company’s integrated development programs from exploratory research, nonclinical research, toxicology, and clinical phase programs.
- Drives coordination of cross-functional activities and promotes effective communications; integrates people involved within the program.
- Proactively contributes to operational project planning, risk mitigation planning, team and meeting management, and coordination of decision-making, including creation/maintenance of timelines, project plans, dashboards, and other planning tools.
- Provides guidance to teams and line function members in negotiating challenges and driving to key decisions and milestones for programs.
- Ensures team adherence to ICH/ GCP/ Federal and local regulations and company specific processes.
- Aligns with finance on all financial aspects of the Program.
- Provides expertise on program management initiatives including alignment of processes, tools, and technologies that aid in portfolio management across the organization.
- Contributes to strategic portfolio reviews and coordinate team preparation for senior management review meetings.
- Contributes to and/or leads diverse initiatives to improve enterprise-wide operations, planning, and execution, as needed.
- Establishes effective communication channels to provide visibility into prioritization and progress on projects as well as ad-hoc updates.
- Supports business partners in evaluating, choosing, and overseeing new/replacement vendors.
- Leads other key initiatives as they arise in a fast-paced, startup environment with the ability to embrace change, innovate, and initiate process improvements across the organization.
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a life sciences or related field of study.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, including 5 years of experience managing interdisciplinary teams.
- Documented success in achieving goals and deliverables in functional or programmatic activities is required.
- Requires a knowledge of the drug discovery, research and development processes with ability to impact program strategy and operations.
- Must have strong leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative, and dynamic team environment, set priorities, and drive results.
- Experience developing strong, effective relationships with key stakeholders is required.
- Must have extensive and hands-on expertise in business systems requirements, planning roadmaps, implementation, and operations in a biotechnology setting.
- Requires the ability to present information and strategies in a clear and concise business fashion, identifying major issues and concerns and recommending corrective actions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams.
- The ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced, and evolving environment is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms