Director, Program Management
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Project Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Co-leads the design, implementation, and update of product plans and operational plans.
- Contributes to research, development, and commercial product strategies as appropriate.
- Proactively provides leadership to the team and functional leads to anticipate and identify complex risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks that pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; and develops and implements mitigation plans with the teams.
- Drives the execution of product strategy and the integrated development plan.
- Directs highly complex product communications and ensures that all stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of product development activities and their status.
- Organizes preparation of high-quality documents for review by both senior management and governance committees in collaboration with the product team, and represents the Product Team at these committee meetings, when needed.
- Drives corporate processes forward, providing updated program documents and information for quarterly budget reviews, quarterly investor relations/Board updates, annual portfolio review, annual long-range planning, annual product strategic plan.
- Collaborates with finance, function heads, and team representatives to develop and manage the product team budgets, including long-range and scenario planning as needed.
- Enables high-performing teams by ensuring there are good team dynamics within the program team.
- Is responsible for developing and implementing continuous improvement and optimization initiatives across the program management department.
- Drives project management activities for the Product Teams, including all aspects of operational planning and execution such as timeline and milestone tracking, Product Team meeting management/minutes, decision making support, and communications.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies, and processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in life sciences is required. An advanced degree and/or PMP certification preferred.
- At least eight years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including at least five years direct project/program management in drug development is required.
- Requires functional knowledge, coupled with business acumen, personal credibility, and outstanding leadership skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to manage by influence and problem solve in a highly matrixed organization.
- Program management experience in both IND-enabling and clinical-stage drug development is preferred.
- Requires the ability to take accountability and empower individuals and teams to make effective decisions which are aligned with the company’s vision, values, and goals.
- Must have the ability to create an inclusive environment and lead empowered teams to operate with high standards of alignment, trust, accountability, expertise, transparency, and collaboration to translate strategy into action.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the drug development process and understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical program and project management.
- Must have expertise in developing and managing program scope, deliverables, risks, and resource requirements.
- Requires strong leadership skills with a pro-active mindset.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with an ability to summarize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools are required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms