Director, Market Access
Our client is a pharmaceutical company focused on creating lifesaving medicines for patients through the use of modern and innovative science. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Market Access.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Defines optimal pricing, tendering and contract strategies in partnership with various teams.
- Informs price setting through research using relevant analytical approaches and pricing research methods.
- Determines optimal value-based or market-based pricing strategies through the application of price setting methodologies, product label and internal product positioning.
- Defines the B2B and B2G experiences and their delivery.
- Contributes to annual forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Monitors and anticipates the evolving market access, institutional customer, and competitive landscape.
- Leads market access and pricing activities for pipeline products.
- Leads the institutional channel commercialization of vaccine products.
- Collaborates with global functions to ensure the global strategy can be executed locally.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of innovative pricing and contracting models to address institutional customer needs.
- Defines and executes tender shaping strategies.
- Develops the Global Pricing Policy and associated pricing story.
- An MS or MBA is required. An advanced degree in life sciences is preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or vaccines environment is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in market access with responsibility for pricing, reimbursement or policy in early pipeline or launch products is required.
- Must have experience in providing TPP, development plan and market access and early price recommendations.
- Requires experience developing and leading implementation of strategic pricing, tendering, contracting and negotiation.
- Must have knowledge of evidence-based medicine standards, patient reported outcomes, global and local healthcare policies, and their developments.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of key pricing and access regulations as well as international interdependencies and vaccine recommendation processes.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internal and external audiences.
- A strong sense of priorities and the ability to handle various projects simultaneously is required.
- Must have strong diplomatic & interpersonal skills and be able to inspire respect and trust from others.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence without authority.
- Fluent spoken and written English is required, knowledge of an additional language is desirable.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 150 Best Executive Recruiting Firms