Director, Market Access Strategy (Immunology)
Our client is a is a global biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Market Access Strategy (Immunology)
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the development of the Market Access strategy for an investigational treatment for an autoimmune disease.
- Aligns toward the overall brand objectives by working intimately with inner divisions and customer facing market access departments.
- Understands payer/distribution trends and can articulate the multifaceted dynamics simply.
- Leads a Core Value Team to develop compelling and distinguished product value propositions and Innovative Value Strategies to facilitate payer access while supporting gross to net (GtN).
- Work in partnership and aligns with commercial partners on all strategic elements of launch and financial planning.
- Leads team in the expansion of customer educational materials and tactics to implement market access strategy.
- Develops effective contracting offerings that attain both access and financial contribution goals through partnerships.
- Leads in the project and application of affordability programming that ensures patient access while taking into consideration the budget of the brand and other financial information.
- Works with teams that manage accounts on customer planning and implementation of the treatment market access strategy.
- Creates engagement and distribution strategies for specialty pharmacy.
- Ensures that customer and Managed Market view of brand strategy is a joined part of the wider strategy.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to execute strategy and achieve overall brand strategy objectives.
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have 5+ years of specialty Managed care/payer experience.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of the current US specialty market access situation including the legal and regulatory industry environments.
- Requires knowledge of developing pre-launch strategic and customer engagement plans for new products or new indications.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and ability to motivate colleagues at all levels to execute on strategy.
- Requires the ability to think strategically across the full business and to translate strategy into tactical implementation.
- Must have teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to work within a complex organization.
- Must be results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to influence senior leaders is required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends.
- Must have demonstrated drive, and the desire to grow career beyond the role.
- Requires willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
- Must have experience developing and executing successful launch strategy.
- Requires experience in Rheumatology, Lupus, and Immunology.
Customer facing experience is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.