Head of Immuno-Oncology
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Head of Immuno-Oncology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the Immuno-Oncology group by building internal expertise on immuno-oncology relevant diseases and targeting via gene therapy.
- Supervises direct reports scientists and research associates.
- Builds and leads in vitro, in vivo, and translational drug discovery and biology strategy by leading the design and execution of r immune-oncology focused drug discovery programs.
- Works effectively and collaboratively in a matrixed team.
- Manages, mentors, and develops individuals as well as demonstrates the ability to build alignment within cross-functional teams to deliver solutions.
- Leads the effort in generating and obtaining consensus on the criteria for the nomination of a drug candidate to preclinical development and clinical development.
- A PhD is required. Focus in tumor cell biology and an immunology-focused degree are preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge and deep expertise of immunology and immuno-oncology.
- Significant pharmaceutical and biotech industry experience advancing novel drugs from concept through IND’s is required.
- Requires experience building and leading teams from inception.
- The ability to build and lead drug discovery and development strategy for immuno-oncology targets based on prior in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of concepts, competitive landscape and direct experience in cellular and molecular mechanisms, in vitro and in vivo model systems in immuno-oncology is required.
- Past leadership in the transition of discovery programs into clinical development is required.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to lead cross functional, matrix teams.
- The desire to take a hands-on approach in order to advance the portfolio is required.
- The ability to develop and lead collaborations and conduct science both internally and externally through collaborators and CROs is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to clearly communicate results to a scientific audience and to maintain detailed written records is required.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to conduct research projects and publish peer-reviewed journals independently and successfully.
- Experience of independent research in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or related setting is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms