Director, Global Medical Affairs
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Global Medical Affairs
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Supports the development and execution of the global medical affairs strategic plan for the company’s asset.
- Actively collaborates with the Clinical Development and Clinical Operations teams on the planning and execution of registrational clinical trials.
- Defines and prioritizes evidence gaps and implement an evidence generation strategy to address the needs of key stakeholders.
- Serves as the Clinical Lead for clinical studies.
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations and Medical Writing to write protocols, conduct clinical trials and review/analyze clinical data results.
- Contributes to the program communication strategy, and supports execution of the associated medical communication plan.
- Contributes to the program publication strategy and writes and/or review abstracts, manuscripts and scientific presentations.
- Contributes to the global market access strategy and product value proposition.
- Drives the planning of scientific advisory boards and other insight generation activities, as well as identifies potential advisors.
- Supports the creation and delivery of scientific content for program level training internally and externally.
- Maintains professional and scientific relationships with thought leaders in the medical field and clinical investigators.
- Supports the development of congress plans and coordinates related medical activities.
- Ensures that global medical affairs perspectives are shared across all stages of drug development and incorporated in integrated project plans.
- Ensures compliance with relevant SOPs, ICH, GCP and other national and international regulatory requirements.
- MD, PhD or PharmD is required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in research.
- Requires familiarity with the set up and management of clinical studies (interventional and/or observational).
- Experience in gastroenterology highly preferred.
- The ability to critically analyze research design, methods, and outcome measures is required.
- Must be capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing and environment.
- Must be a team player, willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and must be easily understood in written materials and presentations.
- Strong strategic thinking and track record for operational excellence is required.
- Requires demonstrated strength in strategic planning and tactical plan development and execution.
- Requires domestic and international travel 30+%.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.