Director, Global Epidemiology
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Global Epidemiology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Brings forth project leadership and input of benefit and risk assessment of biopharmaceutical products.
- Provides guidance in epidemiology study designs, including the analysis of claims and electronic medical record data sets.
- Maintains an understanding of safety and health authority initiatives and regulations.
- Contributes to the strategy, vision, and processes of the department and PPS.
- Provides expertise on epidemiological issues to a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- Recognizes data sources that are relevant to safety science in consideration of their scientific and financial value.
- Designs and implements pharmacoepidemiology studies and holds responsibility for the interpretation of study results.
- Reviews relevant publications and manuscripts and drafts protocols as needed.
- Provides input on patient registry design and interpretation of data.
- Collaborates with other functional groups that are responsible for safety evaluations in order to produce a quality analysis and proper documentation for regulatory or scientific purposes.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Holds knowledge of epidemiologic methods and data resources, as well as their applications in benefit and risk evaluation, and current health authority initiatives.
- A PhD in epidemiology, or MD/MPH or MD/PhD in epidemiology is required.
- Must have minimum of 5 years of experience in the conduct of epidemiological studies and using population based databases.
- At least 3 years of experience in the drug safety environment is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with formal clinical training, adequate knowledge of statistical analysis and computing, experience building effective teams, and a strong understanding of the financial impact of projects.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms