Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Epidemiology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Oversees specific products for a team of professionals of graduate professionals who deal with various aspects of epidemiology and data.
- Contributes to the strategy, vision, and processes of the department and PPS.
- Provides input into establishing internal standards, processes, and policies for the use of observational data and studies.
- Provides expert level consultation on epidemiological issues to a variety of stakeholders across the company.
- Identifies data sources relevant to safety science in consideration of their scientific value and financial impact.
- Develops and interprets pharmacoepidemiology studies.
- Critically reviews relevant publications, manuscripts, and draft protocols as needed.
- Provides input on patient registry design and interpretation of data.
- Interacts with other functional groups that are responsible for safety evaluations to produce a quality analysis and documentation for regulatory or scientific purposes.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Maintains an understanding of epidemiologic methods and data resources as well as their applications in benefit-risk evaluation.
- A PhD in epidemiology or MD/MPH or MD/PhD in epidemiology is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the conduct of epidemiological studies and using population based databases.
- Requires At least 3 years in the drug safety environment.
- Formal clinical training, proficiency in statistical analysis computing, experience building effective teams, and knowledge of the financial impact of projects are a plus.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.