Director, Clinical Development, Ophthalmology
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Clinical Development, Ophthalmology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leads and evolves the disease area strategy for Age related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
- Delivers the pipeline of AMD projects to key milestones and decision points.
- Supports external collaborations.
- Builds and leads a group of subject matter specialists.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Facilitates effective collaboration and creativity with other units in the Ophthalmology Disease Area and at the organization.
- Serves on the Ophthalmology Disease Area leadership team and delivers effective decisions to support the pipeline.
- A PhD or MD/PhD in Biological Sciences is required.
- Must have experience with target identification and disease indications in ophthalmology.
- Requires effective decision making skills in drug discovery projects, and the ability to progress projects or stop activity based on data and strategic goals.
- Must have a strong strategic focus, the ability to integrate information and data from multiple sources, and adequate prioritization skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with partners at all levels and locations across the organization is required.
- Must have effective matrix management skills to deliver on goals without a direct line management.
- Must have deep scientific expertise that will influence the strategy and trajectory of the ophthalmology disease area.
- Leadership experience with a track record of career development is preferred.
- Status as a recognized specialist in the disease area outside of the organization, with a strong network within the academic field is a plus.
- Experience with projects from early discovery through proof of concept trials in humans is preferred.
- An understanding of the requirements to move a drug candidate from preclinical to clinical development is desired.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.