Director, Cell Therapy
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Cell Therapy.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Oversees programs from early discovery to development state and drives innovation towards next gen cell therapies.
- Devises global cell therapy strategies with cross-functional teams and advances drug discovery delivery and technology development initiatives.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of approaches to non-oncology cell therapies.
- Contributes to the development of next gen in vitro cell models and assays for target validation.
- Leads and provides input to peer reviewed scientific publications, inventorship on patents and presentations at major conferences, and participates and presents at international conferences.
- Identifies networks and opportunities to collaborate with other functions or external companies to drive innovation within the company and effectively communicates complex scientific data to diverse audiences.
- Responsible for line management, goal setting aligned to department strategy, performance review, coaching and personal development of team and ensures that work of colleagues and team is compliant, following Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal standards and external regulations.
- Requires a PhD in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or other relevant scientific field with at least 11 years of experience or an MS in antibody engineering or assay technologies with at least 15 years of experience in the biotech or biopharmaceutical industry.
- An in-depth knowledge in regenerative and immune cell therapy in non-oncology space is required.
- Must have extensive experience in stem cell or immune cell therapy technology development.
- Experience in gene delivery, genome editing, synthetic biology, chimeric receptor engineering and cell engineering is required.
- The proven capability to identify and develop new cell therapy applications is required.
- Must be a recognized leader in scientific specialty as evidenced by strong publications in leading peer reviewed journals.
- Requires a track record in establishing high level strategies for new technology development and applying new technologies in pipeline projects.
- Must have effective communication and influencing skills with the proven ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be a strong and energetic leader with good capability to make sound and timely decisions.
- Must be an excellent team player and team builder with good interpersonal skills.
- The proven ability to motivate, mentor and develop others is required.
- Experience in antibody discovery using one of several display-based technologies is preferred.
- Experience in computational modelling of proteins and augmented drug design is preferred.
- Experience with complex membrane protein engineering, expression, and characterization is preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms