Director, Business Development
Our client is a clinical stage biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Business Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Helps to establish and execute business development strategy by establishing and growing collaborations and partnering opportunities.
- Develops and executes on license out and license in opportunities that follow company’s strategy.
- Builds and maintains a business development funnel of opportunities through a solid understanding of the global immunotherapy landscape.
- Coordinates company’s interface with internal and external teams.
- Collaborates and drives decision-making regarding specific business opportunities with internal teams along with external partners.
- Summarizes duties and responsibilities for the implementation of a partnership.
- Serves as an ongoing internal champion of these partnerships as needed and ensures that stakeholders are kept informed and fulfill their obligations towards the success of the partnerships.
- Works with superior to negotiate terms and executes and manages agreements with outside partners that are consistent with needs particularly with regard to large strategic alliances.
- Works with CFO and financial organizations to produce financial models; he/she may lead market work to validate key aspects of the financial model.
- Develops the strategic, financial, and legal aspects of possible opportunities in order to present a convincing and clear case to the executive team bringing about sound investment and alliance decisions.
- Requires a PhD. An MBA is preferred.
- Relevant drug development and commercial experience is required.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to take business leaders concerns and demands into account in how best to pursue business strategies.
- Must have experience in both the financial and legal aspects of negotiating deals.
- Well- developed negotiation skills and a successful record of closing transactions are required.
- Requires strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Requires excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written) and a demonstrated ability to communicate with and successfully influence senior level management, executives, key clients, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and synthesize to the salient points, develop resulting action plans and execute to conclusion is required.
- Must Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- Ability to think outside the box as regards potential business opportunities for the company is required.
- Domestic and international travel will be required, including annual conferences and client meetings when appropriate.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.