Director, Business Development
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Business Development.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Oversees strategic analysis of the portfolio, current and potential therapeutic areas (pre-candidate to late-stage development) in order to design corporate level view and program recommendations.
- Partners with colleagues across functions to develop positioning, value propositions and business cases for pipeline programs and platforms.
- Maintains an understanding of the current business landscape and monitors key events related to opportunities of interest.
- Defines and drives new partnerships to optimize existing opportunities in support of overall corporate strategy, financing needs, and organizational capabilities.
- Plans and delivers presentations to external parties and routinely leads business discussions.
- Organizes and leads cross-functional due diligence processes and teams.
- Collaborates with the alliance management team to lead the negotiation of amendments of existing agreements with current partners to align with evolving business needs.
- Facilitates scientific exchange between the organization and relevant counterparts in biopharma.
- Builds a strong and effective partnership with the R&D, CMC and clinical teams to define technicality, scalability, and clinical characteristics of partnering opportunities of interest.
- Provides business development input and support to internal programs as appropriate, including identifying internal gaps and seeking business development solutions.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree plus advanced scientific degree or MBA is required.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of drug development processes and pharmaceutical businesses.
- Must have a track record of success in prior biopharma business development positions.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex scientific and business concepts across a number of therapeutic categories, and synthesize into business recommendations or actions.
- Requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to prioritize, develop and create timelines, and plan and meet deadlines across multiple transactions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organization are required.
- Must be results and solution driven.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms