Our client is a clinical research organization specializing in life sciences. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Biostatistics.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Oversees biostatistics and statistical programming teams to ensure target productivity levels are met.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of deliverables from the appropriate departments.
- Acts as a mentor to members of the department and staff members from other biostatistics departments within the organization.
- Represent clients at meetings with regulatory agencies.
- Assigns and directs work, appraises performance and guides professional development, rewards and disciplines employees, addresses employee relations issues and resolves problems, and ensures compliance with operational components.
- Holds responsibility for guiding leads toward financial success at a study level.
- Ensures compliance with strategy and initiatives.
- Holds accountability for controlling costs and maximizing revenue at a client/service group level.
- Ensures remit is in line with or optimizes business unit needs to control costs and maximize revenue recognition.
- Defines the overall strategies and initiatives for service groups or clients by ensuring they are in line with business segment owners and business unit expectations.
- Develops, maintains, and expands key client relationships.
- Identifies opportunities for additional business from existing clients and seeks to develop new clients and service offerings.
- Evaluates risks to project delivery and quality, and operates as an escalation point for the biostatistics team.
- Creates budgets, proposes adjustments, and discusses budget assumptions with clients.
- Explores a wide array of business growth opportunities and provides input into strategies that will enable the biostatistics team to capitalize on new opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Biostatistics or related field is required.
- Must have 11+ years of relevant experience if a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is held, and 7+ years of relevant experience if a PhD is held.
- 4+ years of experience in managing staff is required.
- Must be familiar with most statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as problem solving skills, presentation skills, and judgement and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated success of operations within senior and executive management teams is required.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients.
- Working knowledge of relevant data standards such as Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium is required.
- Must be comfortable with occasional travel.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms