Director, Advanced Analytics
Our client is a leading biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Advanced Analytics
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Builds, coaches and evolves a high performing team of quantitative and business-minded individuals that collectively extract business insights from commercial data sources.
- Manages the Analytics budget for the department.
- Continually evaluates the needs of the business and makes budgetary recommendations on spend changes with regard to personnel, data, vendors or planned analysis.
- Creates and advances the analytical strategy in considerations of platforms, standards and toolsets.
- Provides resource management of analytical projects across all commercial brands.
- Manages partnerships with Alliance analytical groups.
- Identifies, selects and manages a group of trusted analytical vendor partners.
- Develops relationships with colleagues of other functions in order to ensure the downstream flow of information and data to the team.
- Collaborates with internal teams and vendors to coordinate cross-functional analysis and data acquisition.
- Continually updates knowledge of industry data sources that could be used to improve the company’s commercial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics) highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 12+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with at least 7 years of analytical experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a consultative role.
Commercial business intelligence tool report creation experience required (any, but e.g.: QlikView, Tableau, Oracle BI, Microstrategy, Cognos, Spotfire).
- SAS code-writing skills (BASE, STAT, SQL, Macros) preferred, SQL query-writing required.
- Requires data mining experience using secondary subnational prescription and sales data.
- Experience with longitudinal patient, specialty pharmacy/ hub data highly preferred.
- Familiarity with frequently used pharma data sources highly preferred.
- Experience in resource optimization, commercial mix modeling or alignment, targeting, and call planning highly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must have the presentation skills needed to take sophisticated analysis and apply a business context for non-analytical associates.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.