Clinical Development Leader
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Clinical Development Leader.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Contributes to building up the organization, models and drives the desired culture, helps to guide translational and clinical research strategy, and builds a robust network of external
- Holds responsibility for the Institute’s portfolio of programs in Malaria targeting products which integrate into innovative packages of care.
- Collaborates with a variety of non-profit and industry partners while playing a central role in building and maintaining programmatic and strategic partnerships.
- Leads the relevant product development teams, and is responsible for the integrated development strategy.
- Plays a hands on role in authoring target product profiles, clinical development plans, and integrated product development plans, as well as oversees protocol authorship and clinical study
- Builds a network of global collaborations and partnerships with leading academics, nonprofits, and regulatory authorities that will place the Institute on the leading edge of innovation.
- An Medical Degree with training in pediatrics of general internal medicine is required. Training in infectious diseases or immunology is desired but not essential.
- Must have 7+ years of leadership experience in drug development across strategic and operational roles in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, or experience with Malaria research and patient care, especially in low and middle income studies.
- Experience working with multinational partners is required.
- Must be comfortable working across a number of disease areas and be able to shift gears quickly.
- Must be a proactive and results-oriented individual with high performance standards.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence others at all levels and lead in a highly matrixed organization.
- A personal leadership style that inspires trust, confidence, and collaboration is required.
- Requires the ability to prioritize and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Must have a commitment to ethics and scientific standards.
- Outstanding communication skills are required.
- Requires the ability to work well with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and build strong partnerships and alliances inside and outside the organization.
- Experience building capability both internally within the organization and externally with a range of partners is desired.
- Experience in pioneering the start-up of new organizations or functions is a significant plus.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms