Chief Scientific Officer
Our client is an emerging biotechnology company.
They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Chief Scientific Officer
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with these qualifications:
- Provides scientific vision and leadership for the company’s creation science strategy.
- Develops a robust plan and builds and leads a team to execute on such strategy.
- Leads and/or manages R&D activities from discovery research through commercialization.
- Recruits, motivates, retains, and develops a world class, highly innovative scientific team.
- Establishes a culture that promotes creativity, open communication, collegiality, and a high sense of urgency.
- Actively engages with scientific founders and advisors. Builds and maintains exceptional working relationships with them and with key opinion leaders and leads principal investigators as portfolio advances.
- Maintains a deep understanding of CRISPR and related scientific areas, including work by competitors and research developments in relevant technology and disease areas through broad and active engagement and leadership in the scientific community.
- Establishes and fosters a leadership role in COVID-19 and broader infectious disease international scientific and medical communities.
- Leads Emergency Use Authorization experiments and regulatory interaction.
- Partners with senior management and the company’s board of directors to develop the corporate vision and plan for the company.
- Actively leads and supports establishment and execution of external alliances with industry partners, with relevant non-profit organizations, and with academic groups to enhance and expedite the development of the company’s programs and product engine.
- Represents company’s technology and future portfolio both internally and externally to scientific, regulatory, and business communities, including key opinion leaders, academics, clinicians, non-profit groups, regulatory authorities, potential partners, and potential investors.
- Participates in the creation of a robust and industry-leading intellectual property portfolio.
- Requires PhD or MD/PhD degrees and 10+ years in scientific and/or translational medical leadership in diagnostic and/or biotechnology companies.
- Prior knowledge of nucleic acids or chemistry/molecular biology enabled by CRISPR is highly desirable.
- Must have strong leadership and management skills with extensive experience managing multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Significant experience successfully negotiating with FDA and global regulatory authorities is required.
- Track record of progressing novel concepts from idea to commercialization is required.
- Requires the ability to interact in a positive manner and effectively influence all constituencies, including the scientists, management, founders, board members, corporate partners and investors.
- Ability and desire to operate effectively within a small, entrepreneurial and science driven company environment is required.
- Must be intrinsically motivated to bring innovative clinical solutions to patients around the world.
- Must be inspirational with positive energy and strong team orientation.
- Highly collaborative nature, balanced by assertive leadership is required.
- Must be solutions and results-oriented, driven to achieve goals.
- Requires a proven track record as a builder and leader of exceptional scientific teams.
- A Hands-on approach, with an ability to delegate is required.
- Must be resourceful and open to diverse points of view.
- Ability to make decisions quickly is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.