Chief Scientific Officer
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Chief Scientific Officer.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Works closely with the CMO to develop the overarching R&D strategy for the company.
- Drives innovation through a deep understanding of immunotherapy and creative application of novel technologies, and develops a robust and high-quality product portfolio.
- Oversees all discovery projects and scientific operations to ensure the organization meets its scientific objectives.
- Sets clear expectations, gives appropriate autonomy, guides team members, and manages performance by providing feedback, guidance, teaching, and development opportunities.
- Leads and manages the development of annual scientific goals, including obtaining and acting upon inputs from the Board of Directors, the Scientific Advisory Committee and collaborators.
- Plays a key role in the search and evaluation activities for the company to acquire new assets that align with the R&D strategy.
- Collaborates with the CEO and other executives to ensure that the Board of Directors are well informed.
- Establishes and effectively manages industrial and academic collaborations and internal/external partners.
- Ensures up-to-date knowledge of developments in discovery research and practices.
- Develops and implements the strategy for scientific publications and presentations at relevant conferences.
- A PhD or MD/PhD in immunology or equivalent is required.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of research and drug development experience with biologics, having filed multiple INDs.
- Requires strong scientific curiosity and rigor, excellent interpersonal and analytic skills, high ethical standards and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant experience in R&D leadership roles developing either small molecules or biologics is required.
- Deep knowledge in immunology, oncology, or fibrosis is highly preferred.
- Must have a desire to be part of a highly innovative, dynamic, and growing company aimed at developing novel therapeutics for patients.
- Must have demonstrable ability and enthusiasm for identifying, setting, and meeting critical deliverables, and delivering clinical candidates into development.
- Requires a track record of developing efficient discovery processes and leading complex cross-functional team collaborations, including managing relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Must have a successful record of advancing programs through discovery, IND-enabling studies and IND filing.
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders is required.
- Must be team-oriented and invested in the success of others.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.