Chief Medical Officer
Our client is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing novel therapeutics. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Chief Medical Officer
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the company’s efforts across clinical development, clinical operations, medical affairs, drug safety, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance.
- Provides strategic and operational guidance on corporate R&D playbook.
- Collaborates with potential or current global pharmaceutical partners to ensure products are properly positioned in designated regions.
- Serves as company spokesperson for all clinical/medical related matters to BOD, investors, and broader financial ecosystem.
- Serves as a member of the company’s senior management.
- Plays a key role in advancing corporate vision/strategy and executing mission critical goals in a highly collaborative manner.
- Participates in leadership activities to enhance company culture.
- Fosters an innovative environment with the purpose of advancing the company’s patient focused objectives.
- Creates and encourages an environment that stresses open, candid, and timely feedback relative to performance.
- Leads the clinical development strategy and processes within the company to ensure efficient, high-quality therapeutic development programs based on rigorous scientific, medical, and regulatory standards.
- Oversees clinical development plans, clinical concept sheets and protocols, confidential information brochures, data analysis plans, clinical study reports, and clinical sections of regulatory submissions (IND, CTA, and CTD).
- Supervises clinical operations, including clinical trial conduct and data collection and optimally leverages internal and contract resources.
- Provides oversight on drug safety and pharmacovigilance activities.
- Oversees all clinical related communication with FDA and global regulatory bodies.
- Represents and manages the company’s clinical programs to KOLs, patient organizations, and other appropriate parties in the medical community.
- Maintains understanding of relevant clinical and scientific developments by attending scientific meetings and tracking literature.
- Represents the clinical and medical groups externally in scientific presentations, conferences and industry groups, and build partnerships and relationships with the relevant scientific and medical communities.
- Medical Degree or equivalent required.
- Prior training and/or industry experience in Gastroenterology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, or Immuno-Oncology highly preferred.
- Must have deep expertise in clinical development with proven track record filing and winning approval for novel therapies.
- Exposure to commercial planning for launch and life cycle management activities highly preferred.
- Experience in both small and large company environments highly preferred.
- Requires significant experience leading teams across strategic and operational functions in a cohesive manner.
- Must have the natural ability to bring diverse teams together in a collaborative environment to achieve a common goal.
- Requires experience presenting to and influencing key stakeholders including BOD, investors, corporate partners, regulatory agencies, and KOLs.
- Expertise with biologics is highly preferred.
- Must have a track record of defining and delivering on an innovative R&D strategy that has yielded critical drug development milestones.
- Requires the gravitas and communication skills to work alongside and garner respect across all levels of the company and external interfaces.
- Must have the strategic awareness in clinical development necessary to prioritize product development opportunities to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Superior management skills and business acumen required.
- Requires a patient-centric mindset.
- Must have the desire to take a hands-on approach in advancing the portfolio.
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment required.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.