Chief Medical Officer
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Chief Medical Officer.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Drives the strategy, planning, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials/research and the data collection activities.
- Holds responsibility for clinical development execution, including providing input used for the design of clinical study concepts and writing of clinical trial protocols to the highest scientific standards.
- Leads company’s efforts across clinical development, clinical operations, medical affairs, drug safety, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance.
- Provides strategic and operational guidance on corporate R&D playbook.
- Collaborates with potential or current global pharmaceutical partners to ensure products are properly positioned in designated regions.
- Represents the company’s clinical programs for diverse audiences such as shareholders, corporate partners, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Represents and manage the company’s clinical programs to KOLs, patient organizations, and other appropriate parties in the medical community.
- Serves as a medical representative with regulatory agencies and leads all clinical related communication with FDA and global regulatory bodies.
- Plays a key role in advancing corporate vision and strategy and executing on mission critical goals in a highly collaborative manner.
- Participates in leadership activities to enhance company culture.
- Recruits, retains, and develops highly competent and experienced clinical personnel.
- Creates and encourages an environment that stresses open, candid, and timely feedback relative to performance.
- Drives the clinical development strategy and processes within the company to ensure efficient, high quality therapeutic development programs, based on rigorous scientific, medical, and regulatory standards.
- Designs, prepares, and initiates study protocols and other required documentation in compliance with project plans, federal regulations, GCP and good medical practice.
- Creates clinical development plans, clinical concept sheets and protocols, confidential information brochures, data analysis plans, clinical study reports, and clinical sections of regulatory submissions (IND, CTA, and CTD).
- Represents the clinical and medical groups externally in scientific presentations, conferences and industry groups, and build partnerships and relationships with the relevant scientific and medical communities.
- A Medical Degree or foreign equivalent is required.
- Prior training and or industry experience in oncology is highly preferred.
- Must have deep expertise in clinical development with proven track record filing and winning approval for novel therapies.
- Experience in leading the design, conduct, analysis and reporting of clinical studies, including interactions with regulatory agencies is required.
- Expertise with biologics is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to commercial planning for launch and life cycle management activities is highly preferred.
- Mix of small and large company experience is a plus.
- Significant experience leading teams across strategic and operational functions in a cohesive manner is required.
- Must have the natural ability to bring diverse teams together in a collaborative environment to achieve a common goal.
- Prior experience presenting to and influencing key stakeholders including BOD, investors, corporate partners, regulatory agencies, and KOLs is required.
- Must have a track record of defining and delivering on an innovative R&D strategy that has yielded critical drug development milestones.
- Requires strategic awareness in clinical development necessary to prioritize product development opportunities to achieve the business goals.
- Must have superior management skills and business acumen.
- Desire to take a hands-on approach to advancing the portfolio is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms.