Chief Medical Officer
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Chief Medical Officer.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads company’s efforts across clinical development, clinical operations, medical affairs, drug safety, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance.
- Provides strategic and operational guidance on the corporate R&D playbook.
- Collaborates with potential or current global pharmaceutical partners to ensure products are properly positioned in designated regions.
- Serves as a company spokesperson for all clinical and medical related matters to BOD, investors, and broader financial ecosystems.
- Plays a key role in advancing corporate strategy and executing on mission critical goals in a highly collaborative manner.
- Fosters an innovative environment with the purpose of advancing the company’s patient focused objectives and furthering the field of transplant medicine.
- Drives the clinical development strategy and processes within the company to ensure efficient, high quality therapeutic development programs based on rigorous scientific, medical and regulatory standards.
- Creates clinical development plans, clinical concept sheets, protocols, confidential information brochures, data analysis plans, clinical study reports, and clinical sections of regulatory submissions (IND, CTA, and CTD).
- Leads clinical operations including clinical trial conduct and data collection, and optimally leverages internal and contracted resources.
- Drives drug safety and pharmacovigilance activities.
- Leads all clinical related communications with FDA and global regulatory bodies.
- Represents and manages the company’s clinical programs to KOLs, patient organizations, and other appropriate parties in the medical community.
- Maintains understanding of clinical and scientific developments in the transplant area by attending scientific meetings and tracking literature.
- Represents clinical and medical groups externally in scientific presentations, conferences and industry groups, and builds partnerships and relationships with relevant scientific and medical communities.
- Requires an MD or equivalent.
- Prior training or industry experience in transplant, immunology, infectious diseases, or immuno-oncology is highly preferred.
- Deep expertise in clinical development with a proven track record of filing and winning approval for novel therapies is required.
- Exposure to commercial planning for launch and life cycle management activities is highly preferred.
- A mix of small and large company experience is highly preferred.
- Requires significant experience in leading teams across strategic and operational functions in a cohesive manner.
- Must have the ability to bring diverse teams together in a collaborative environment to achieve a common goal.
- Prior experience in presenting to and influencing key stakeholders including BOD, investors, corporate partners, regulatory agencies, and KOLs is required.
- Must have a successful track record of defining and delivering on an innovative R&D strategy that has yielded critical drug development milestones.
- Gravitas and communication skills to work alongside and garner the respect across all levels of the company and external interfaces is required.
- Must have strategic awareness in the clinical development necessary to prioritize product development opportunities to achieve business goals.
- Must have superior management skills and business acumen.
- The desire to take a hands-on approach to advancing the portfolio is required.
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.