Chief Medical Officer
Our client is an early-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative therapeutics for life threatening diseases. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Chief Medical Officer.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Directs the development of clinical strategies and plans to establish product candidates as the standard of care of patients, maximizing the value to patients and optimizing cost effectiveness.
- Builds a clinical team to shepherd our science into the hands of the patients who need it.
- Orchestrates and manages clinical development in alignment with internal regulatory strategies and guidance from health authorities.
- Oversees the analysis and interpretation of clinical trial data and the reporting of clinical trial results.
- Leads interactions with academic thought leaders, investigators, cooperative groups and other clinical stakeholders.
- Represents the company and its programs to external audiences, including the investment, medical and academic communities, as well as pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry collaborators and partners.
- Serves as an advocate and champion for patients.
- An MD with Board Certification in Immunology is required.
- Requires a minimum of fifteen years of experience in clinical practice.
- Must have pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience as a sponsor working on investigational new drugs for the treatment of auto immune diseases.
- Must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Requires proven skills as an effective team player who can instill credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Must have multiple years of management experience leading clinical groups such as clinical research, clinical pharmacology, biometrics, translational medicine, medical affairs and clinical operations.
- Requires a proven success record in Phase I-IV clinical research studies and trial design as well experience as a key contributor to successful investigational applications (INDs, CTAs) and marketing applications (BLAs, NDAs, and MAAs).
- Must have a strong knowledge of autoimmunity.
- Experience in translational medicine, clinical pharmacology and early-stage development is desirable.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Must be science and data driven as well as have the highest personal values and ethical standards.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms