Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Chief Financial Officer.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Partners with C-suite and Board of Directors in the creation, refinement, articulation, and execution of the company’s vision and business objectives.
- Leads the development and execution of the company’s investor relations and corporate communications strategy.
- Plays a key role as business/thought partner to the CEO and contributes transformatively to the company’s success.
- Manages all accounting, finance, and other related functions within the company. Coordinates budget planning and provides proper tracking and reporting to management team on results.
- Actively participates in and contributes to the strategic planning and establishment of financial objectives with the leadership and securing adequate financing to realize objectives. Identifies risks and opportunities through commercial forecasting models.
- Assures that stable, well-developed, and secure financial systems are in place.
- Plays a key role in portfolio prioritization efforts and aligns/plans resources appropriately.
- Oversees the capital structure and all financial initiatives for the company.
- Acts as the alliance manager on multiple business relationships.
- Articulates the brand vision to internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds value creation models, conducts market analysis, and compiles competitive intelligence for the purpose of increase enterprise value.
- Presents to potential investors and at conferences.
- Assures necessary compliance on all tax, reporting, regulatory and financial obligations. Coordinates and supervises the management of all transactions related to investments, accounts payable and purchasing.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA is preferred.
- Must be a proven business executive who is strategic, practical, hands-on, and goes beyond the financial role to serves as a key executive in all aspects of the business.
- Must be an innovative entrepreneur who loves working with other bright creative people, and has a strong interest in, and strong ability to, create and support an organization of excellence.
- Must be comfortable in an innovative, creative, fast paced environment, with experience playing a key role in corporate operations.
- The ability to translate operational issues quickly and clearly into financial consequences and financial decisions into operational consequences is required.
- A solid network of contacts with leading investment banks and equity research analysts is preferred.
- Experience negotiating and closing major financial transactions, including pharma partnerships, is desirable.
- Experience having raised and closed equity investments through public markets is desirable.
- Significant experience in investment baking covering life science industry is preferred. Alternatively, experience as a CFO or senior-level financial executive in a publicly traded company is desirable, with recent exposure to the investment community. Appropriate SEC compliance and reporting experience is preferred.
- Requires experience designing and managing operating budgets with direct experience conducting risk analysis/risk mitigation exercises.
- The proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment is required.
- The proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, confidence, and executive presence are required.
- Must have outstanding relationship building skills and experiences.
- The ability to work in a hands-on collaborative fashion with many different disciplines, both inside and outside of the company is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms