Associate Director, Global Market Access
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for an Associate Director, Global Market Access.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Works on strategies to support teams in the preparation and creation of optimal pricing/reimbursement/market access environment.
- Leads pricing and reimbursement research for assets to inform go to market strategies and pricing policies.
- Ensures optimal access environment readiness when launching assets by representing functions to develop global strategies.
- Leads functions for market optimization and launch strategies.
- Influences and progresses the pricing and reimbursement environment by representing the team externally.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements.
- Contributes as an individual and broader team member to the development and implementation of global pricing policies for assigned pharmaceutical products.
- Takes responsibility for relevant research studies and advancement of pricing reports.
- Partners with regional and local pricing representatives to confirm pertinent pricing requirements for products are recognized and included into the pricing strategy and pricing targets that are prepared by the global pricing group.
- Grows and implements new models that look beyond our current way of pricing drugs.
- Leads analytic support, using several data sources backing the development of rational strategic and defensible pricing approach ideas, to update decision making and make recommendations for new data sources.
- Leads data gathering and analysis to identify appropriate methods of analysis.
- Develops and presents related metrics, conducting secondary research using internal and external data sources.
- Manages and gathers project results into analyses within impactful PowerPoint presentations; Verbally presents project updates and results.
- Runs interviews and advisory board discussions with payers and KOLs in association with project lead.
- Works on internal ideas to expand proficiency within pricing and market access projects, practices, and pricing and reimbursement policy.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate level training in a related field preferred.
- Must have experience in the health care field, including experience in pricing, reimbursement and market access for pharmaceuticals.
- Requires experience developing global launch pricing strategy.
- Must have a proficiency in pricing research and a strong practical understanding of best practices for evaluating optimal pricing strategies.
- Experience in improving general communication strategy associated with payers for national and international markets is required.
- Requires sound knowledge of global healthcare systems and pricing and reimbursement requirements.
- Must have the ability to adapt strategies to a various set of market types involving US, EU and emerging markets.
- Must be process and results oriented - capable of driving large, complex work streams.
- Strong project management skills; demonstrable experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects and external vendors are required.
- Requires excellent communication, diplomatic and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of associate level market access is desirable.
- Proficiency in another language preferred to support the European market is preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.