Associate Director/Director, Target Biology
Our client is a precision biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Associate Director/Director, Biology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Heads multi-disciplinary research strategies to inform target modality and identify biomarkers for early patient stratification.
- Co-leads the team to advance new programs to hit-to-lead stage.
- Coordinates research activities and effectively allocates resources between internal staff, external CROs and other external collaborators.
- Keeps up to date with the latest scientific advances in technologies and trends in oncology research and development to deliver the next generation of oncology discovery therapies.
- Proactively communicates project strategy, critical issues, and recommendations to enable appropriate resource decisions.
- Maintains excellent communication across internal and external team members.
- A PhD with a focus on cancer biology, developmental biology, or a closely related area of study is required.
- Must have at least 6 years of experience of small molecule drug discovery in the oncology therapeutic area.
- Experience in DNA Damage Response pathway drug discovery is preferred.
- Must have a strong record of achievement in advancing targets into the drug discovery portfolio.
- Must be able to lead and mentor a group of PhD and non-PhD scientists and facilitate their contributions to project teams and research collaborations.
- Exceptional scientific rigor and commitment to the highest-quality research is required.
- Must be a self-starter who possesses both a collaborative and goal-oriented style.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Outstanding decision making, organizational, and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms