Associate Director/Director, Scientific Communications
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for an Associate Director/Director, Scientific Communications.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Works with study teams to draft scientific and clinical content of abstracts, publications, regulatory documents and communication decks as needed.
- Collaborates with the study director and clinical team to agree data analysis priorities, in alignment with key clinical and scientific questions of interest.
- Builds a publication strategy and plan that includes reporting of both primary results and secondary analyses and gives full consideration to which congresses and journals are most appropriate for achieving communication objectives.
- Tracks clinical and scientific data of relevance with particular focus on key competitors in chronic cough and itch.
- Disseminates data to be shared externally including company data slides, clinical study reports, publications, and posters.
- Coordinates interactions with external authors to progress publications to plan.
- Establishes timelines for proper dissemination of scientific data externally.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of clinical development plans ultimately leading to critical decision points for key trials.
- Contributes to the design of pivotal studies to ensure differentiation of product vs. competing pharmaceutical products.
- Collaborates closely with clinical monitors, clinical operations, program management, biostatistics, and data management.
- Will collaborate on phase 2b/3 planning efforts with key stakeholders.
- Cultivates relationships with external partners such as clinical investigators, clinicians, scientists, and vendors.
- Provides support to advisory boards, consultant meetings and investigator meetings, including preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires an RN, MS, PhD, PharmD degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of clinical research and/or medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Strong working knowledge of drug development is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years technical operational experience in planning, executing, reporting and publishing clinical studies.
- A strong scientific background with industry clinical research experience is required.
- Requires experience with critical analysis of scientific literature, and interpretation of clinical trial data.
- Must have experience interacting with internal and external advisors, clinical investigators, and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong mastery of medical and scientific terminology is required.
- Experience with Respiratory and/or Dermatology therapeutic areas is highly preferred.
- Experience working in house, or as an MSL in any of the following arenas is considered an asset: scientific communications, publications, clinical protocol design.
- Preexisting relationships with KOLs in the respiratory or pruritis therapeutic areas is highly preferred.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.