Associate Director/Director, Molecular Design & Engineering
Our client is a biotherapeutics company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Associate Director/Director, Molecular Design & Engineering.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads a team of scientists in the design and advancement of non-viral molecular platform using creative approaches.
- Identifies opportunities for increased throughput and implements state-of-the art DNA assembly.
- Is responsible for the expansion and implementation of the synthetic biology platform.
- Is responsible for the vector engineering core.
- Develops, mentors, and manages a team of research associates and scientists in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Works cross-functionally to support various project teams.
- Works with different functional departments to enable accelerated advancement of portfolio and platform activities.
- Is accountable for all laboratory operations and data documentation, analysis, and interpretation.
- Presents to company leadership and externally as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates and influences at all levels of the organization.
- A PhD in Synthetic Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or related field is required.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of relevant postdoctoral or industrial experience.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience leading technical teams of Research Associates or Scientists with proven success managing cross functional projects or efforts.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of modern synthetic or molecular biology approaches and genomic architectures to craft and control cell biology in conjunction with experimental and computational approaches.
- Deep expertise in synthetic and or molecular biology, transgene expression control and cassette design, automated DNA assembly, and generation and validation of large, defined, and combinatorial DNA libraries is required.
- Experience in protein engineering and bioinformatics is preferred.
- The proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve alignment across a wide range of functions and constituents is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms