Associate Director/Director, In-Vitro
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for an Associate Director/Director, In-Vitro.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the design and execution of in vitro assays to identify and validate novel therapeutics using cell-free and cell-based models.
- Supports target validation, characterization and drug development using in vitro assays.
- Continuously assesses assay development needs based on an evolving pipeline.
- Analyzes data and maintains clear laboratory records, protocols, summaries, and reports.
- Prepares and presents experimental results to project, team leads and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to manage collaborations and conduct science both internally and through collaborators and CROs.
- Leads, trains and mentors a team of 2-4 scientific staff.
- A PhD in a relevant area of biological sciences, with significant industry experience is required.
- Must have three years of experience in in-vitro assay development and optimization.
- Discovery research experience with a deep understanding of early-stage biology is required.
- Must have an in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of concepts and hands-on experience in cellular and molecular mechanisms and in vitro/in vivo model systems relevant to cardiovascular, and metabolic biology.
- Requires a demonstrated experience in driving therapeutic targets from discovery to development stages.
- Must be proficient with a range of innovative biophysical, biochemical, and cellular assay platforms and workflows relevant to in vitro pharmacology.
- Experience developing biologics is strongly preferred.
- Critical thinking with the ability to analyze possibilities, problem solve, and prioritize solutions is required.
- Must be a professional with the highest standard of integrity and a patient-centric mindset.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present complex data to a wide range of audiences.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms