Associate Director/Director, Immunology
Our client is a development-stage biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for an Associate Director/Director, Immunology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs.
- Plays a leading role in selecting new indications in this space for exploratory work and drives existing projects.
- Works cross functionally towards a continuous output of development compounds to address the unmet needs within the immunology area.
- Grows and manages an attractive program portfolio and aids in establishing the company as recognized and competitive in the immunology industry.
- Supports and pursues necessary external collaborations, establish ex vivo and in vivo models at CROs.
- Leads and mentors a team of 3-4 and grows the team to appropriately resource a growing program pipeline.
- Interfaces with various teams at the company.
- A PhD in biology or pharmacology fields with profound knowledge of immunology is required.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in relevant program leading in pharma or biotech drug discovery as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development in this space.
- Must have led at least 1 program from early discovery to IND in immunology.
- Experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission is required.
- Requires a proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal and external partners.
- Strong experience in pharmacology and physiology is ideal.
- Must possess scientific curiosity and the ability to think beyond a particular disease indication.
- Must be able to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Requires strong leadership experience with both line management and a matrix environment.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms