Regional Scientific Director
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused in oncology. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Regional Scientific Director
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains clinical and scientific relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) including individual physicians and researchers.
- Acts as the company ambassador for US sites participating in key company sponsored clinical studies and with KOLs in key therapeutic areas for the company.
- Acts as primary conduit to North American investigators interested in developing research collaborations with the company.
- Performs accompanied visits to sites with our partner CRO to assess performance and knowledge.
- Works jointly with Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations to provide operational support to the project teams based internationally.
- Leads and/or supports medical affairs projects to support the company’s strategy.
- Attends and provides Medical Affairs support at scientific conferences.
- Helps shape the clinical development strategy.
- Provides subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders.
- Responds, as appropriate, to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Provides clinical presentations and educational information in academic, community and healthcare provider settings.
- Shares insights from the field with appropriate internal colleagues.
- Doctoral level degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, or Public Health (i.e., Pharm.D., M.D., Ph.D.) is highly preferred.
- Requires pharmaceutical industry or clinical experience in oncology.
- A minimum of 2 years of MSL experience or relevant clinical project management experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Requires the ability to work independently while being responsive to direction.
- Requires strong leadership skills and an innovative attitude.
- The willingness to travel approximately 75% required.
- Must work well under pressure, be flexible to changing priorities, and detail-oriented.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.