Senior Vice President, Translational Research
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Vice President, Translational Research.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads the strategy for nonclinical activities to support project, program, and platform objectives; responsible for budgets and timelines of these aspects of development.
- Guides design, and oversees execution and interpretation, of complex nonclinical projects and studies; responsible for leading teams to timely deliverables.
- Compiles and summarizes nonclinical study information and ensures information, including potential impact, is communicated appropriately and accurately to cross-functional program teams.
- Presents analyses and interpretations of nonclinical studies to regulatory agencies and other oversight bodies in meetings; prepares nonclinical section of regulatory filings, including briefing packages, IND applications / CTAs, annual reports, safety reviews, investigator brochures, and marketing applications.
- Leads the Translational Research group, responsible for oversight of all nonclinical studies, including GLP studies, as well as specialized nonclinical and clinical assays; partners with other research groups that conduct or oversee implementation of non-GLP nonclinical studies.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with CROs or other vendors or strategic partners supporting nonclinical research.
- Maintains timelines and resourcing for nonclinical projects, implementing processes and identification of critical program/project activities or constraints.
- Some travel, for example to conferences and nonclinical CROs/vendors, may be required.
- A doctorate or equivalent degree in biomedical sciences, preferably with focus on translational research is required.
- Must have 15 years of experience, with at least 10 years in biotech/pharma.
- Requires comprehensive experience with biochemistry, cellular biology, and/or molecular biology; deep experience in translational sciences is required.
- Experience leading and developing teams of who manage multiple projects at varying stages of development under time pressure is required.
- Requires extensive knowledge of GLP regulations and reporting requirements.
- The ability to multi-task and manage several projects in parallel, paying attention to detail is required.
- Must have a progressive record with proven successes in translational development.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have highly effective presentation skills.
- The proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial yet highly disciplined start-up environment is required.
- Experience with AAV gene therapy development is preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms