Senior Medicinal Chemist
Our client is a drug discovery company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Medicinal Chemist.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Leads drug discovery programs.
- Carries out strategies of medicinal chemistry to deliver high quality clinical candidates.
- Works in close partnership with different teams on producing and assessing new ideas using the company’s platform for drug discovery.
- Helps with the evaluation of new target opportunities for the company’s drug discovery partnerships.
- Provides medicinal chemistry expertise to the Drug Discovery Group.
- Requires a Ph.D. within the field (synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry).
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or in a biotechnology setting.
- Requires an established track record in medicinal chemistry that can be demonstrated by productive developments of drug discovery projects.
- Must have thorough expertise in creating and implementing medicinal chemistry strategies across all stages of drug discovery to achieve the goals of the program.
- Requires experience in structure-based drug design.
- Must have the ability to integrate pharmacology, biology, and DMPK toward successful project progression, as well as an exceptional understanding of these concepts.
- Requires extensive experience in working with external chemistry teams at Contract Research Organizations.
- Must be skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment.
- Requires exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Preferred experience in API development and IND-enabling preclinical studies.
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams is preferred.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.