Senior Medical Director, Oncology
Our client is a pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Senior Medical Director, Oncology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Understands and applies pharmacology, chemistry and non-clinical toxicology to effectively conduct safety surveillance.
- Is responsible for safety surveillance for pharmaceutical / biological / drug –device combined products.
- Leads and sets the strategy for key pharmacovigilance documents, including but not limited to, medical safety assessments, regulatory responses and risk management plans.
- Applies current regulatory guidance as appropriate for safety surveillance and authorship of pharmacovigilance documents.
- Analyzes and interprets aggregate safety data.
- Effectively writes, reviews and provides input on technical documents independently.
- Oversees and is response for leading the strategy for periodic reports (PSUR’s, PADER’s etc.)
- Implements risk management strategies for assigned product.
- Proactively engages, inspires, coaches and mentors team and colleagues.
- A Medical Degree with 2+ years of residency with patient management experience is required.
- A Master of Public Health is preferred in addition to a Medical Degree.
- Requires 5-8 years of Pharmacovigilance / Clinical Development experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must effectively analyze and guide analysis of clinical data and epidemiological information.
- Must effectively present recommendations / opinions in group environment both internally and externally.
- Requires writing, reviewing, and providing input on technical documents.
- Must work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment is required.
- Fluency, both written and oral, in English is required.
- Must evaluate and make independent decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in the situation of uncertainty and complexity and the ability to multitask is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.