Senior Director, Medical Affairs
Our client is a late-clinical stage biotechnology company with a strong development pipeline. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Senior Director, Medical Affairs
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Supports early medical affairs needs for Phase 1 study.
- Leads the creation of scientific communication platform.
- Provides editorial support and content development for abstracts and posters for scientific accuracy and alignment with communications platform.
- Creates goals, strategy, and content creation for specific program US Advisory Boards and develops executive summaries and strategic next steps for leadership team presentation.
- Fosters scientific dialog and engagement with top key opinion leaders to understand insights into disease state, patient management, relevant therapies, and therapeutic landscape.
- Maintains close relationships with patient advocacy groups and support key initiatives with talks and brochures and website content as needed.
- Serves as a key member of the program core team.
- Supports medical affairs needs for program initiatives as needed.
- Fosters scientific dialog with top key opinion leaders to understand insights into disease state, patient management, relevant therapies, and therapeutic landscape.
- Leads the strategy for awarding research grants for investigator-initiated studies and collaborative projects with clinical development.
- Creates content for exhibit booths at major relevant congresses.
- Contributes to ongoing review of emerging literature that will inform educational materials for MSLs and develops training decks.
- Assesses strategic insights delivered by MSL team on competitive insights and perception of product value.
- Reviews and gives feedback on MSL presentations of relevant programs and provides feedback on insights from the field pre- and post-approval.
- Communicates to the Vice President of Medical Affairs how strategic insights from KOL engagement and the MSL team inform strategic plans for communications, future studies, and HEOR projects.
- Plays a major role in education of MSLs by organizing talks by internal staff and guest talks by top experts in the field.
- Organizes journal clubs for the medical affairs team with critical review of limitations and strengths of important publications.
- Reviews and discusses strategic insights gained at key congresses with medical affairs team.
- Attends key conferences and highlights key developments for consideration by medical affairs team.
- Leads development of publication plan for strategic content placement at major conferences of key interest.
- Co-leads manuscript and abstract development with assigned functional leads from clinical development, R&D and CMC, as needed.
- Maintains relationships with top members of relevant professional societies.
- Provides support for clinical team with development of key background information for regulatory documents as needed.
- Doctorate degree (MD, PharmD, or PhD) required.
- Experience in gastroenterology or inflammation highly preferred.
- Requires solid understanding of the disease state, mechanism of action, and value proposition from both an absolute and relative/competitive standpoint.
- The ability to critically analyze research design, methods, and outcome measures is required.
- Must be capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing and environment.
- Must be a team player willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in a manner that is easily understood in written materials and presentations.
- Requires strong strategic thinking and a track record of operational excellence.
- Must have demonstrated strength in strategic planning and tactical plan development and execution.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.