Senior Director/Head, Market Access
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company focused on cancer therapeutics. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Senior Director/Head, Market Access
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Develops and implements market access strategies and launch plans in the US to ensure broad market access and reimbursement by commercial and government payers.
- Develops an evidence-based plan, informed by market research and advisory boards to identify core customer needs, with the goal of optimizing patient access for the company’s therapies.
- Leads the design of the field-based Market Access team.
- Attracts, hires and leads the market access field-based team responsible for engaging the spectrum of key reimbursement stakeholders in the US, including: national and regional payers, federal accounts, GPOs, IDNs and ACOs to optimize patient access.
- Works closely with all cross functional teams, including, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Legal to develop and execute integrated product access plans to ensure affordable, timely coverage.
Establishes key managed markets and payer performance metrics, analyze performance and recommends actions to resolve barriers to brand access.
- Advises commercial and executive leadership on key pricing, reimbursement and access policies and practices to inform corporate objectives, quantify risks and opportunities and make recommendations for action.
- Leads the development and recommendation of value driven pricing strategies and oversees implementation of pricing activities consistent with the overall access strategy including distribution and contracting strategies.
- Oversees the development of value propositions, reimbursement dossiers (including AMCP) and additional materials and tactics needed to demonstrate the value of the company’s innovative therapies, working closely with medical affairs/HEOR team.
- Develops and recommends Patient Financial Assistance strategies and oversees the Reimbursement Services and Support center of excellence.
- Leads the Trade and Distribution function.
- Develops and finalizes 3PL, Specialty Distributor and Specialty Pharmacy agreements and oversees the execution of these agreements.
- Develops secondary packaging, serialization and anti-counterfeiting activities ahead of launch in the US market.
- Works to build agreements and data feeds with Specialty Pharmacy/Distribution partners
- Leads the development and execution of value-based contracting initiatives.
- Identifies and prioritizes payer, institution and IDN value-based pricing partners.
- Oversees training of cross-functional stakeholders to educate on key market access initiatives, messaging and materials.
- Establishes key payer metrics to analyze performance and recommend actions to resolve barriers to access.
- Builds and manages budget to achieve functional goals and balanced with company objectives.
- Collaborates with Finance, Legal, and other functions to establish consistent business rules and policies focused on appropriate and compliant reporting and ensure all Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, HIPAA, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or advanced degree highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Requires recent and significant experience in planning, launch and successful commercialization of Specialty Pharmacy/Part B therapies.
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to execute, both individually and by leading teams, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals is required.
- Requires demonstrated results in hiring and leading field-based Market Access teams.
- Must have analytical skills that enable development and execution of robust pricing, reimbursement and contracting strategies.
- Successful launch experience is required.
- Requires deep Trade and Distribution experience.
- Must have strong understanding of the business of oncology or rare disease, with a preference for pediatric experience.
- Deep experience with innovative approaches amidst a complex and evolving landscape is required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, to anticipate needs from leadership and other stakeholders, and to balance multiple and often diverse priorities in order to align on a strategic and appropriate plan.
- The ability to travel ~40% of the time is required.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.