Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, Oncology
Our client is a clinical-stage oncology pharmaceutical company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, Oncology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Provides Medical and Clinical Development expertise and leadership to assigned clinical development programs.
- Designs and drafts protocol synopses, clinical trial protocols and protocol amendments, and contributes to various regulatory documents, IBs, INDs and DSURs.
- Provides medical oversight of multiple clinical studies and provides medical input and guidance on scientific, clinical and safety monitoring issues.
- Partners with Clinical Operations and provides leadership and direction to clinical project teams.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with clinical trial investigators and physicians through independent collaborations and scientific meetings.
- Provides strategic input on compounds in development and proposes clinical development strategies.
- Provides medical expertise as needed for business development initiatives.
- Provides medical and scientific expertise to preclinical discovery groups for compounds that are in preclinical development.
- A Medical degree is required.
- Subspecialty training in oncology or hematology is preferred.
- At least 3 years of hands-on pharmaceutical or biotech experience in clinical development within oncology is required.
- Must have experience leading oncology early clinical development programs and working with discovery, preclinical, translational, and external collaborators.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the drug development process and oversight of clinical trials.
- Working knowledge of biostatistics, regulatory requirements, clinical pharmacology, and pharmacokinetics is required.
- Prior experience developing radiopharmaceuticals or antibody drug conjugates is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly is required.
- Must have a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Must be willing to travel.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms