Medical Director, Safety
Our client is a research and development company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Medical Director, Safety.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Understands and applies pharmacology, chemistry and non-clinical toxicology to effectively conduct safety surveillance.
- Takes responsibility for safety surveillance for pharmaceutical / biological / drug –device combined products.
- Spearheads and establishes the strategy for key pharmacovigilance documents.
- Utilizes current regulatory guidance as fitting for safety surveillance and authorship of PV documents.
- Transcribes, analyzes and delivers input on technical documents independently.
- Oversees and takes responsibility for leading the strategy for periodic reports.
- Takes responsibility for implementing risk management strategies for assigned products.
- Engages, inspires, coaches and mentors team and colleagues proactively.
- Requires an MD/DO with a minimum of 2+ years of residency and patient management experience.
- A Master of Public Health degree in addition to a MD/DO is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of Pharmacovigilance/Clinical Development experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Efficient examination and direct analysis of clinical data and epidemiological information is required.
- Requires effective presentation of recommendations/opinions in a group environment, both internally and externally.
- Must write, review and provide input on technical documents.
- Requires working collaboratively and leading cross-functional teams.
- Requires fluency, both written and oral, in English.
- Must evaluate and make independent decisions.
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a situation of uncertainty and complexity.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Requires the ability to travel 20% of the time.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.