Head of Oncology Toxicology
Our client is a late-stage clinical biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Head of Oncology Toxicology.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Inspires scientific leadership and set a leading strategy for Oncology Safety.
- Is responsible for all non-clinical safety aspects.
- Manages individual performance as well as significant budget and resources.
- Contributes to the internal global innovative safety strategy.
- Identifies internal and external industry trends and anticipate future changes that impact the success of non-clinical safety support to the oncology portfolio.
- Advances safety science through groundbreaking capabilities, application of data science and AI.
- Supports and collaborates with the Head of Safety Sciences in scientific and managerial responsibilities.
- Identifies internal and external industry trends and anticipates future changes that impact on oncology safety science.
- Promotes inclusion and diversity agendas to build successful teams within and across departments, supporting talent development and create a great place work.
- A PhD (Toxicology, Pharmacology, Biology or, Pathology), DVM or Medical degree is required.
- Requires 10-15 years of experience.
- Must have strong leadership skills and line management experience with a positive team engaging attitude and a track record in the leadership, management and talent development of individuals and teams.
- A track record of leading impact on drug R&D within pharmaceutical industry with a strong focus on safety assessment is required.
- Must have experience of research and project impact relevant to oncology spanning small molecule, large molecule, and biologic therapeutics.
- Demonstrated project safety impact from target selection through clinical development is required.
- Must have a track record of scientific innovation: leading cutting-edge, and new to the industry science.
- Must have leadership experience in non-clinical safety vs oncology drug discovery and development from the pharmaceutical industry or biotech sector.
- A strong track record of publishing in high impact journals is required.
- Must have experience of leading external collaborations and external partnerships.
- Must be comfortable financial and scientific/technical information.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms
and Forbes' list of Top 200 Best Executive Recruiting Firms