Head of Immuno-Oncology
Our client is a global biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Head of Immuno-Oncology
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Contributes to the development of the platform and therapeutic strategy.
- Builds the cancer cell therapy organization from research to IND.
- Develops strategy on ex-vivo cell therapy for oncology.
- Provide scientific and technical assessment on potential in-licensing or partnership opportunities
- Builds and provides strong scientific oversight to cancer cell therapy R&D group in China.
- Initiate internal pipeline programs consistent with the strategy and ensure robust efficacy and safety profile to support clinical development.
- Establish and manage effectively the relationships with collaborators and CROs to timely advance the programs with scientific rigor.
- Hires, trains and develops talented scientists and research associates to work on target biology, preclinical/clinical assays, as well as in-vitro and in-vivo pharmacology in order to enable the development of immune-oncology cell therapy products in the clinics.
- Effectively manages internal stakeholders, industry/academic partners, and CROs to meet program timelines.
- Ph.D. in immunology, oncology, or related field of study is required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of R&D experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Requires a proven track record of research in T, NK or NKT cell biology, cell therapy or biologics for hematological or solid tumors, evidenced by deliverables and publications.
- Must have a strong background in molecular and cell biology and pharmacology.
- Requires excellent leadership skills, including developing talent and matrix management.
- Requires the ability to think critically, extract and synthesize simple principles from complex data sets, communicate effectively across broad spectrum of audiences both internally and externally.
- Must have a solid track record of scientific achievements in immunology, oncology and cell therapy for cancer.
- Requires deep knowledge in product development.
- Must possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and develop high-performing talents, promote transparent, fairness and socially-responsible culture.
- Requires relocation to China or a minimum of 50% travel to China if based in US.
If interested, please email your resume as a Word attachment to us. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.