Director, Program Management
Our client is a cell therapy/regenerative medicine company. They have asked us to assist them in their search for a Director, Program Management.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Partners with team leaders to steer strategy development, formation of a unified development plan, and ensures implementation of the related operational plan.
- Partners with team members to maximize value creation and achievement of program goals, while driving clarity around goals, milestones, assumptions, risks, timelines, budget and other key program deliverables.
- Consorts with team leaders and team members to develop situations and contingency plans as decisions and thoughts for review/endorsement.
- Collaborates with finance team members and functional heads to develop and manage budgets.
- Ensures transparency and strong communication across the core team, extended team and other stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with external partners in academia and industry.
- Supports company programs and platform activities, and other activities to create a right-sized program management function with standards and tools that can be used across the portfolio.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced degree (MS or PhD) is preferred.
- Experience in cell or gene therapy or having the interest and ability to truly understand the company’s technology is required.
- Requires 8 years overall industry experience, with experience managing projects/programs at a pre-clinical or clinical stage within industry.
- Requires an understanding of the drug development process from familiarity before cross-training into a project management role.
- Proficiency with MS Project and/or Smartsheet, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Formal training in program management and/or Alliance Management is preferred.
- Requires strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to travel is required.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.