Director, in vivo Sciences (Neurology)
Our client is a cell therapy company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Neurology Discovery.
Major tasks and responsibilities will include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Manages company’s in vivo science team.
- Delivers input into CNS research direction by collaboration with the management teams.
- Classifies and applies suitable animal models for company’s neurology research.
- Identifies and partners with GLP CROs and manage those relationships from start to finish.
- Works with teams and groups to contribute to IND-enabling/Proof of Concept studies.
- Operates as an external face for the company in the areas of animal models, preclinical proof of concept, and externally at global conferences.
- Embraces scientific excellence and partners with key stakeholders and is involved in continuous learning/improvements.
- Performs additional duties to support the safe and efficient operation of the laboratory, and other duties as assigned.
- Is responsible for budget management.
- Is Responsible for compliance with site-specific regulations.
- A PhD or MD is required.
- At least 6 years of experience in biotech or industry or equivalent experience in academia is required.
- Must be a team player in an agile research environment.
- Requires experience in leadership with an in vivo research team focused on cell and gene therapy therapeutics.
- Requires skill with both hands-on and leading various in vivo rodent animal surgery techniques.
- Proven ability to identify animal models and progress innovative concepts to preclinical PoC is required.
- Must be Experience in histology, immunocytochemistry, animal behavior and tissue processing.
- Proven career track of propelling in vivo teams examining cell/gene therapy, or biologics is required.
- Requires ability to work as an independent leader as well and serving as a key cross functional team member.
- Must be motivated to build a culture of innovation with aspirations to develop products that will change the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment with minimum direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.