Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Our client is a biotechnology company. They have asked us to assist them in a search for a Director, Medicinal Chemistry.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Takes the lead on several drug discovery project teams in a results-driven, fast-paced biotech environment.
- Designs, implements and executes strategies.
- Establishes partnering strategies to leverage external knowledge and capabilities.
- Plans and executes on resource allocation to achieve project goals.
- Offers scientific, strategic and managerial leadership.
- Collaborates effectively with the leadership team and other departments and functions.
- Contributes to the overall scientific strategy and success of the company.
- A Doctoral degree (PhD) or equivalent in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry is required.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Requires a strong track record of scientific innovation and success in delivering clinical candidates.
- Must have a broad background in all aspects of drug discovery.
- Must be a thought leader within the drug discovery community.
- Requires an effective leader of the drug discovery teams.
- Significant experience in leading synthetic chemistry activities is required.
- Experience with CMC/early development is preferred.
- Must be a leader with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial expertise who motivates and inspires others to achieve corporate scientific objectives.
If interested, please apply directly to this job posting. No calls please. Include your daytime phone number and we will contact you confidentially or reply to your email.
Fairway Consulting Group is included in Hunt Scanlon’s list of Top 50 Healthcare & Life Sciences Search Firms.